Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Where does time go?

The other night, I stood in the bathroom, brushing my teeth. I remembered that I had looked at the clock before I went in there, and the time was 10:47pm. It occured to me that I had been home from work for 6 hours, yet it felt like the night had flew by. I began to wonder where the time went. I can account for 6 hours at work, they tend to drag on. It just seemed to me that my evenings at home with the family are never long enough, which is sad because here lately, I've been spending that time in negative moods. If I'm not angry and aggitated, then I'm tired and worn down. Sometimes, the hours after work seem so busy, so rushed, that even if I am in a good mood, I don't slow down enough to enjoy it. It's really starting to bother me.

I look at Nicole and realize I need to change my ways. She is now 9 years old, and growing up everyday. Before I know it, she will be grown and gone, and I'll wonder where the time went. I'll only have myself to blame for not living in the "now", and truly enjoying it. Ican only hope that it isn't too late, and that time will begin to slow down for me, and I canenjoy every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment