Thursday, May 14, 2009

Danny Gokey starting a new chapter

Last night, as I watched American Idol, I was on pins and needles. Ryan Secrest kept faking everyone out, waiting until the very end to reveal the top seats for the finale. When he called Kris Allen's name first, I believe I stopped breathing for a moment. Could it be? Was Adam Lambert actually gone? For the life of me, I couldn't, wouldn't believe that Danny was gone. The man had never been in the bottom 3. Unfortunately, I was wrong. Danny Gokey, my pick to win since his audition, was voted off. I was sad, but not necessarily because his journey to win the title was over. I was sad that I want see his smiling face next week. I cried for his journey he made to get there, all the heartache and happiness he's been through the past 11 months. Danny Gokey is a genuinely kind soul, and no one can deny that. Maybe Danny didn't win the crown, but he's still my idol.

No comments:

Post a Comment